Songs & Smiles
Coordinator (staff role)
Join us at an exciting time as we launch Songs & Smiles across the country!
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 (pro rata) depending on experience
Hours: 15 hours a week flexible working (with the likely option to increase hours at a future date)
Job type: Permanent, immediate start
Benefits: 25 days holiday (pro rata) + pension
Reports to: Managing Director
About The Together Project
The Together Project’s vision is a society in which younger and older people actively enhance each others’ lives. We contribute to this through joyful intergenerational activities that reduce loneliness, improve wellbeing, tackle ageism and help integrate local communities.
The first such activity we’ve launched is called Songs & Smiles – music, fun and friendship for little ones, their grown-ups and care home residents. It’s brought happiness to hundreds of people and has had a profound impact on many individuals.
We’re a dynamic, non-profit Community Interest Company with a start-up mentality and a drive to create lasting social change. Our ethos is to think big and to act with both heart and mind.
We currently operate in a number of London care homes and are in the process of expanding across England. You can read more about Songs & Smiles and watch our BBC Stories film here.
About the role
The Songs & Smiles Coordinator will be pivotal in rolling out our ambitious growth plan for Songs & Smiles across the country. You’ll be the lynchpin between care homes, parents/guardians and the Leaders and Welcomers who run our sessions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and deploying outreach strategies that spread the word about Songs & Smiles to parents/guardians in each of the areas we launch in
- Managing attendance numbers and communication with parents/guardians
- Liaising with the people who run our sessions, ensuring they are fully-supported to make each Songs & Smiles a success
- Maintaining and updating our digital event listings, publicity material and databases
- Playing a key role in the project management of new launches – coordinating diaries, organising logistics, ordering equipment and so forth
- Supporting the Managing Director with other tasks to grow and sustain the organisation, such as press enquiries, administration and so forth
You’ll be joining at an exciting time; we’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about growing with our organisation and being our first new employee!
The role is currently allocated at 15 hours per week, ideally to be spread out across a number of days rather than just two, but this can be discussed at interview. Location-wise, the role will combine working from home with regular meetings and co-working sessions in Walthamstow, east London.
We expect to be able to offer the post-holder the option to increase their hours at a later point in their tenure (probably late 2018/early 2019, dependent on receiving the required funding). This decision whether or not to take on additional hours will be entirely at the post-holder’s discretion and their ability or desire to do so will in no way affect the interview and selection process.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who has the following professional experience and personal qualities.
- A background in project management, volunteer management or a similar role (desirable)
- Experience of running fast-moving projects and delivering successful outcomes (essential)
- Fully IT literate with experience of programmes such as Word and Excel (essential)
- Enthusiasm for joining a small start-up and working alongside the MD to help shape its progression (essential)
- A demonstrable commitment to our vision, values and work and a desire to help bring about social change (essential)
- A confident self-starter who takes full ownership of tasks and strives to achieve excellent results (essential)
- A willingness to work flexibly and the ability to be extremely time-efficient (essential)
What we’re offering
We’re committed to making The Together Project an enjoyable, supportive and exciting place to work. We offer:
- Highly flexible working
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- 3% company pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for career progression as we expand
- The opportunity to make a meaningful difference to the lives of hundreds of people around the country
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining your reasons for applying to Louise Goulden, Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Thursday 20th September.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview in Walthamstow.
For any questions about the role or application process, please email Louise.