The Together Project is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy also sets out the basis on which any Personal Data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
The term “Personal Data” refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, birth date, telephone number, email address or mailing address.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Together Project Community Interest Company (a Community Interest Company registered in England and Wales No 11002551) of 45 Kenilworth Avenue, London E17 4PD.
Information we may collect from you
The Together Project collect, store and process the following data about you:
Information you give to us
You may give us information about you by filling in digital forms at www.thetogetherproject.co.uk (our site), or paper forms at one of our events, by participating in a survey/evaluation questionnaire or a contest/sweepstake, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, in-person or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, child’s name, child’s date of birth, e-mail address and phone number. If you have chosen to participate in a survey/questionnaire, it may also include your demographic data and responses to questions about your experience at our events, the impact you feel they have, your likelihood to recommend our events and so forth.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time)
Information we receive from other sources
We do not receive information about you from third party sources.
Uses made of the information
The purpose for which we process Personal Data held about you may include the following:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to send you email newsletters, if you have opted-in to receive them
- to correspond with you by email in order to answer questions you have asked us or to reply to messages you have directed to us
- to contact you about volunteer or job opportunities that you have expressed an interest in
- to administer a contest or sweepstake you have participated in (see Contests & Sweepstakes)
- as a record of your consent to The Together Project taking photos/videos of your child at one of our events and using them for promotional purposes, such as social media posts, on our website or on printed marketing material
- to evaluate the success and impact that our events are achieving by analysing your responses to surveys/questionnaires
- to publish testimonials from you about our events, in cases where you have explicitly given us permission to do so
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to promote and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of our services.
Disclosure of your information
We do not routinely share your information with third parties.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Together Project or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Together Project, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection or to provide data required for reporting a Safeguarding incident to the relevant statutory body/ies.
Where we store your personal data
MailChimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. They are committed to subjecting all Personal Information received from European Union (EU) member countries in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view MailChimp’s certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome. A list of Privacy Shield participants is maintained by the Department of Commerce and is available at: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Contests & sweepstakes
We may, from time to time, offer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions on our Websites or through social media (collectively “Our Promotions”). Participation in our Promotions is completely voluntary. Information requested for entry may include personal contact information such as your name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, and similar details. We use the information you provide to administer Our Promotions. We may also, unless prohibited by the Promotion’s rules or law, use the information provided to communicate with you, or other people you select, about our Services. We may share this information with our Service Providers in line with this policy and the rules posted for the Promotion.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You will always be asked whether you wish to “Opt-In” to such activity and your consent will never be presumed without your explicit agreement. You can change your mind at any time by Unsubscribing from our marketing communications via the Unsubscribe link in our email newsletters or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to information and corrections
Users can update their personal data at any time to ensure it is accurate, adequate and limited to what is necessary. This can be done by sending an email to email@example.com.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data, we will disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you. We will also correct, amend or anonymise any Personal Data that is inaccurate. Any access request in providing you with details of the information we hold about you will be dealt with by us without charge and within a period of 14 days.
Please note that any requests to anonymise Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed by us.
Updated 24 May 2018